The closest major airport is Calgary International Airport, also known as YYC or CYYC, located in Calgary, Canada, at a distance of 293 miles from the city center of Missoula, MT.
The driving distance between Calgary, Canada and Missoula, MT can be made in approximately 9 hours and 10 minutes, and the cost of the fuel is around $167 for a round trip.
Due to the confusing roadways in Missoula, MT, the public bus transportation system is the best option to find your way around in the city. Most of the previous visitors say that because of this fact, it is even harder to drive around in the city. Not all of them agree and some of them consider that the best way to see the city's attractions is by car or by motorcycle. There are also various tour buses available in the city that provide routes to practically every part of Missoula, MT, being often the first choice of many tourists. Getting around by bike in Missoula, MT can be a good idea too, especially if you don't need to travel far from your hotel.
Easy! Just follow the driving directions listed below!
From Calgary, Canada area (842 km, 9 h and 15 min drive):
- Head north on Centre St. NW, toward 7 Avenue NE. Drive until you get to 16 Avenue NE and make a right. Take the AB-2/ Deerfoot Tr ramp to Fort Macleod.
- Proceed onto Hwy 2 S/ AB-2 S, take the ramp onto Hwy 3 E and continue to drive until you get to the exit toward Mayor Magrath Dr. Make a left at Mayor Magrath Dr. SS and make a slightly left in order to remain on it.
- Make a left when you get to 24 Avenue SS and proceed onto Hwy 4 S, in order to enter Montana. Continue driving onto I-15 S. Take the exit 193 for I-15/ Cedar Street.
- Follow the signs for I-15 Bus S/US-12 W/ City Center/VA Center. Make a right at Cedar Street/I-15 Bus S and continue driving until you get to W Lyndale Avenue, where you make a right.
- Proceed onto Euclid Avenue/ US-12 S and turn left in order to remain on US-12 W. Merge onto I-90 W/US-12 W, via the ramp to Missoula. Take the exit 105 for I-90 Bus W/US-12 W/Van Buren Street, and than merge onto MT-200 W/US 12 W.
- Make a left at N Van Buren Street and than the first right onto E Broadway Street. Make a left at Madison Street/US 12 W. Keep in mind that US-12 W becomes Arthur Avenue somewhere on your left. Make a left at S 6th Street E and than make a right at Campus Drive.
- Take the first right and than the first left and you will be able to see the campus entrance on your right.