Ann Arbor, MI
Explore the Nichols Arboretum, situated on Washington Heights, where you will find yourself surrounded by amazing, beautiful green surroundings.
Visit Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, at the University of Michigan, on South State Street.
Have fun skating at Buhr Park Ice Arena, located on Packard Road.
Try out your golfing skills at Huron Hills Golf Course, situated on East Huron River Drive.
Check out the schedule from Power Center – Performing Arts, on Fletcher Street, and enjoy yourself by watching a wonderful theatre play.
The Dexter – Ann Arbor Run Half Marathon, 10K and 5K, which happens in June, is considered to be one of the most popular and expected annual sporting events in Ann Arbor.
As the name of the event suggest, the course starts in the town of Dexter, travelling along an eastward route along the Huron River, finishing in downtown Ann Arbor, also running through a series of parks on its way to Ann Arbor, including Delhi Metropark, Dexter Huron Metropark and Bird Hills Park.
The course is mostly flat and held entirely on paved surfaces, but one of the hilliest parts of the race being the one uphill to the finish line. In 2009, a number of more than 6000 enthusiastic runners participated, and in 2010, the number of participants is expected to overcome it.
Every year, in July, Ann Arbor celebrates the Ann Arbor Art Fairs, which represent a series of fabulous non-profit art fairs that attract more than 500 000 visitors, annually, offering art exhibits, musical performances, children’s activities, and much, much more.
The 2010 fairs are scheduled on July 21-24, and promise to be as rich and as varied in offers as in the past years.
Antiques, music, arts, clothing, jewelry, toys…whatever you’re looking for, you will certainly find it in one of Ann Arbor’s great shopping spots.
To get an idea about what the city’s shopping scene has to offer, check out the top 10 list, below, which contains some of the most popular and favorite shopping spots in Ann Arbor!
- 16 Hands: 216 South Main Street, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Ave Maria Fine Art Gallery: 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Tree Town Toys: 2611 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Main Street T-Shirts & Gifts: 220 South Main Street, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Bellanina Day Spa & Gift Boutique: 203 North Fourth Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Four Directions: 329 South Main Street, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Beliza Design: 905 West Eisenhower Circle, Suite #104, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Urban Jewelers, Inc.: 215 South Main Street, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market: Adjacent to Kerrytown.
- Ann Arbor Sunday Artisans Market: Between Fourth & Fifth Avenues.