Despite the fact that Lewiston is a very small community, having only nearly 2800 souls, living within its limits, there are several worthwhile and appealing attractions in town, such as:
The beautiful Artpark, which can be found on South 4th Street, overlooking the Niagara River Gorge, offering visitors amazing views of the area, also featuring eye-catching steel sculptures, hiking trails, picnic areas, fishing docks and much, much more.
The Whirlpool Jet Boat rides, with the tourist information center located on South Water Street, considered a `must`, while staying in Lewiston.
The Niagara Power Prj Visitor Center, on Lewiston Road, from where you can get interesting information about the area’s history. It is considered to be one of Lewiston’s most popular free attractions.
The Lewiston Museum, situated on Plain Street, which reveals the city’s history, from the beginning until present day, through various and interesting exhibits and displays.
Old Fort Niagara, located in nearby Youngstown, which is only 10 minutes, by car, from Lewiston, a historic a fortification originally built to protect the interests of New France in North America.
Due to its reduced size, Lewiston does not offer many shopping options, a more varied and rich shopping scene being provided in nearby in Niagara Falls, which is only 10 minutes, by car, from Lewiston.
Among the top places to shop, near Lewiston, there are:
- Fashion Outlets-Niagara Falls: 1900 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY.
- The Home Depot: 750 Builders Way, Niagara Falls, NY.
- The Summit Mall: 6929 Williams Road, Niagara Falls, NY.
- Banana Republic: 1900 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY.
- Boulevard Mall: 730 Alberta Drive, Amherst, NY.
- Niagara Square: Military Road & Packard Rd, Niagara Falls, NY.
- Cute Collectibles: 6730 Niagara Falls Boulevard #2, Niagara Falls, NY.
- Wegmans Plaza: Military Road & Military Rd, Niagara Falls, NY.
- Lasalle Center: Niagara Falls Boulevard & Niagara Fls Blvd, Niagara Falls, NY.