Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
- Visit Crystal Cave situated on North Crystal Cave Lane, by taking the 80-minute tours available and see amazing things such as The Cathedral, the Upside Down Well and the Rainbow Falls.
- See the site where the first Civil War battle of Missouri took place - Wilson's Creek National Battlefield.
- Spend a fun day with the family at the Enterprise Park Lanes, located on South Enterprise Avenue, known as the largest family bowling facility in Springfield.
- Admire the amazing surroundings from the site where the Japanese Stroll Garden lies, situated on South Scenic Avenue, featuring various paths, bridges, a teahouse, as well as a moon deck.
- Try out your golfing skills at the Deer Lake Golf Course, on West Chestnut Expressway, also featuring a snack bar and club rentals.
The Annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot is a popular sporting event which is held every November in Springfield, featuring a 5k Run/ Walk through the streets in downtown Springfield in which thousands of runners participate to help raise money for benefiting the Springfield-Greene County Park Board Scholarship Fund and the Developmental Center of the Ozarks (DCO).
The Turkey Trot is considered to be the largest Thanksgiving Day race in Missouri, as well as the largest one in Southwest Missouri.
The list of annual festivals and fairs that take place in Springfield, MO includes the Annual Rock'n Ribs BBQ Festival, celebrated in April, featuring a BBQ contest in which 60 barbecue teams from 6 different states participate, the Summer Sizzle, kept in August, offering visitors tons of fun, entertaining outdoor activities, the Taste of Springfield, happening in October, in which more than 20 locally owned and operated restaurants serve sample portions of their signature dishes to visitors, and the Annual Springfield Sertoma Wingapalooza, featuring the Ozark's annual Charity Wing Contest, which benefits various charity causes every year.
The nightlife scene of Springfield, MO consists of numerous bars, restaurants, lounges and pubs, and the best thing about it is that you won't have to travel far from your hotel to have a drink or to enjoy a delicious dinner, because all the popular spots are conveniently located near most of the hotels in Springfield. Among the most popular nightspots in Springfield there are: the Cowboys 2000, located on E Kearney, the Midnight Rodeo, on S Glenstone and the Sir Gregory's Billiards Cafe, on S. Campbell.
The area of downtown Springfield is usually the first choice of many college students, who are searching for a fun night out, due to the fact that there are numerous taverns, cafes and pubs located here. Over the years, the downtown area has been restored, offering visitors and locals of all ages many entertaining nightly opportunities, including dancing clubs, for club goers or great bars, in which people who are not fond of crowded and loud places can have long conversations with friends while they enjoy a glass of cold beer.
Best Hotels around Missouri State University