East Lansing, MI
>> Check out the schedule from Wharton Center for Performing Arts, located on MSU's campus, and catch a wonderful concert given by the Lansing Symphony Orchestra.
>> See the beautiful art exhibits from Kresge Art Museum, which can also be found on MSU's campus.
>> Spend a fun day out with the family at Tamarisk Park, situated on Tamarisk Drive, where you can enjoy yourself and get involved in various recreational opportunities.
>> If you happen to be in East Lansing, on a hot summer day, try the East Lansing Family Aquatic Center, on Abbott Road.
>> Try out your golfing skills at the beautiful 17-hole Falcon Golf Course, located on Quarterhorse.
Capital City River Run Half Marathon & 5K - September 26, 2010.
This scenic run, which takes place in Lansing, located at a distance of just 12 minutes, by car, from East Lansing, is considered to be one of the most popular annual sporting events in Michigan.
The course of the run is a mix of city streets and miles of scenic trails alongside the Grand River, and it is almost entirely held on paved surfaces, following an out-and-back loop in a counter-clockwise direction around the city, finishing up back near Oldsmobile Park.
Runners and walkers are invited to participate in both the marathon and 5k, and spectators and cheering crowds are always welcome!
East Lansing Art Festival - May 22, 2010
This year, the East Lansing Art Festival, which perhaps, is the premier annual celebration in East Lansing, will be celebrating its 47th edition, in the city's downtown district. Every year, this entertaining event attracts a number of approximately 80 000 visitors, offering them showcases of more than 200 art exhibitors from all over the continent, live music, delicious food, interactive children's activities and many other family-friendly surprises.
If your trip to East Lansing is set in May, be sure not to miss this fabulous event, considered a "must" while visiting the city!
Below, there is a top 10 list, which contains some of the most popular and favorite shopping spots in East Lansing. Check it out!
- Kirabo Fairtrade: Address: 215 Ann St. Plaza, East Lansing, MI.
- Mad Eagle: Address: 301 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI.
- Scavenger Hunt: Address: 503 E. Grand River Ave, East Lansing, MI.
- Silver & Beyond: Address: 333 Albert Avenue, Suite 102, East Lansing, MI.
- Sundance Jewelers: Address: 201 E. Grand River Ave., East Lansing, MI.
- The Refinery: Address: 115 Albert Avenue, Suite A, East Lansing, MI.
- Woven Art: Address: 325 Grove Street, East Lansing, MI.
- Toad Hall: 210 Abbott Road, suite 26, East Lansing, MI.
- Urban Outfitters: 119 E. Grand River Avenue, East Lansing, MI.
- Spartan Corner: 103 E. Grand River Avenue, East Lansing, MI.