- Visit The RISD Museum , located on Benefit Street, featuring exhibits which reveal the history of art from antiquity to present, including 85 000 beautiful art works from all over the world.
- Spend a beautiful day out with the family at the Roger Williams Park & Zoo , situated on Elmwood Avenue, where you can see hundreds of animals, including zebras, giraffes, cheetahs and the endangered lemur. You will also find here the Carousel Village which offers visitors fun carousel rides, as well as pony rides to entertain the little ones.
- Get amazing views of downtown Providence from Prospect Terrace Park on Congdon Street, a great outdoor space, from where you can view skyscrapers, the State House, as well as beautiful green surroundings.
- Show your kids a good time by taking them to Providence Children's Museum, on South Street, featuring fun, hand-on exhibits, as well as educational activities for both adults and children. Here, the children can explore the power of light, air, sound and magnets.
- See the beautiful St. Peter & Paul Cathedral, in downtown Providence, on Fenner Street, the `mother` church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence. Inside the cathedral you can admire oil paintings and statues, and outside you can admire its architecture, considered to be `a standing example of architectural brilliance`.
The Annual Providence Half Marathon Rhode Island, kept in September, is considered to be a top USA road race, which attracts thousands of professional runners and enthusiasts, every year, to Providence, RI, in a scenic 13-mile course through downtown Providence.
This popular annual sporting event of Providence City is described by the organizers as an `excellent challenge for first timers, an opportunity to improve a personal best and a perfect tune-up for athletes preparing for an autumn marathon`.
The list of popular festivals and fairs in Providence, RI, includes fun events such as the Annual Harvest Tasting, happening in November, featuring exciting events, delicious food and wine tastings.
This fun, entertaining annual event, is actually a fundraising event, which supports the Helen L. LeGrende Fund that provides scholarships for The Met Center graduates.
The nightlife scene of Providence, RI seems to be a very active one, according to previous visitors. If you're looking for a place to spend a fun night out with friends or a great bar to enjoy a drink and start a long interesting conversation, you will certainly find what you need, here, in Providence.
People say that the `hottest` night club in Providence is The Ultra Night Club, with a beautiful decor and great service, as well as an `incredible selection of music`, including hip-hop, R&B and dance, and a wide list of beverages, such as champagne, beer, whiskey and rum.
Another popular club in Providence seems to be Club Hell, which is predominantly frequented by night owls, featuring local, national and international music shows, as well as quality DJ music, including rock and metal.
The State Loungeis a great place to hang out with friends, dedicated for those who, during their stay in Providence, are looking for a quieter place to spend a night out. People say that, at the State Lounge, you will find the best Martinis in the state of Rhode Island.