Amherst Center, MA
If you're a fan of Emily Dickenson's writings, check out the Emily Dickenson Museum, located on Main Street.
Taste a bit of the local history, by visiting the Amherst History Museum-Strong House, which can be found on Amity Street.
Try out your golfing skills and have fun with friends or family at the 18-hole Hickory Ridge Golf Course, situated on West Pomeroy Lane.
See the historical Town Hall, situated on Boltwood Avenue, which was designed by famed architect H.S. McKay of Boston, considered one of Amherst's most beautiful buildings.
The Mass Bike Tour
This annual tour, which is perhaps one of the most popular and favorite annual sporting events in Amherst, is scheduled on August 5th, in 2010, and will last until August 8th.
The goal of this event is to celebrate cycling in the state of Massachusetts, offering participants a scenic course through the beautiful countryside, rolling fields, majestic woods and picturesque towns.
The tour will starts and end in Amherst, and hundreds of enthusiastic participants are expected to attend. Overnight stops will be provided at the local schools in the central Massachusetts towns, along the way. If your trip to Amherst is in August, be sure not to miss this fabulous event!
Among the most popular and expected annual celebrations in Amherst is considered to be The Fort River Festival, which happens in May.
In 2011, this fun and entertaining event will celebrate its 4th edition, and it promises to be as fun and as educational and family-friendly as it has been in the past years.
The festival is sponsored by the Rushing Rivers Institute in Amherst, which is trying to promote community awareness about river habitats and educate the public in a fun and engaging manor.
The event features guided river tours, free live music, refreshments, wildlife demonstrations and much, much more!
Below, there is a top 10 list of some of the most popular and favorite shopping spots in and near Amherst, MA. Check it out!
- Zanna: 187 North Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA.
- Hampshire Mall: 367 Russell Street, Hadley, MA.
- Thornes Marketplace: 150 Main Street, Northampton, MA.
- Marshalls: 325 Russell Street, Hadley, MA.
- Holyoke Mall At Ingleside: 50 Holyoke Street, Holyoke, MA.
- Strada Shoes: 150 Main Street, Northampton, MA.
- Sears: 50 Holyoke Street, Holyoke, MA.
- Chicopee Marketplace: 591 Memorial Drive, Chicopee, MA.
- Eastfield Mall: 1655 Boston Road, Springfield, MA.
- Auburn Mall: 385 Southbridge Street, Auburn, MA.