To get an idea about what to visit, while staying in Marquette, check out the list below, which contains some of the most popular attractions in the city.
- Presque Isle Park, a beautiful small peninsula which offers scenic vistas and good wildlife viewing just minutes from downtown Marquette. Outdoor enthusiasts have acres of land to explore here, and they can also enjoy picnic areas, playgrounds, an indoor/outdoor pavilion, and see some of the oldest exposed rock formations in North America.
- Marquette Maritime Museum, featuring exhibits such as World War II Silent Service Memorial, Video introduction of Marquette’s Maritime History, Native American Maritime History, Marquette & Lake Superior Shipwrecks, Area Lighthouses and a 3-D Diorama of the Wreck and Rescue of the Maryland off Marquette's Shoreline demonstrating the breeches buoy life saving technique used in early lifesaving, among many other interesting exhibits.
- Marquette County History Museum, home to a collection that spans from the prehistoric copper culture through present day. The collection's highlights includes a vast gun collection, numerous collectible dolls and toys, a photograph collection, antique and vintage clothing and a Native American artifact collection.
- De Vos Art Museum, home to a permanent art collection of more than 1000 objects, including 20th Century illustration, 20th Century design, Japanese art and artifacts, Japanese art and artifacts, Inuit art and artifacts and Regional Modern and Contemporary art works.
The list of annual Marquette events includes: Art on the Rocks, Hiawatha Music Festival, Marquette's 4 July Celebration, Exchange Club International Food Fest, Seafood Fest, Marquette Area Blues Fest and Marquette Scandinavian Midsummer Festival and Wife-Carrying Contest.
Among the top places to shop in Marquette, MI, there are:
- Westwood Mall Shopping Center: 3020 U.S. 41, Marquette, MI.
- Washington Shoe Store, Inc.: 135 West Washington Street, Marquette, MI.
- Taffy's Hallmark Shop: Westwood Mall, 3020 Us Highway 41 W, Marquette, MI.
- Moonstone Gallery: 106 West Washington Street, Marquette, MI.
- Second Skin Shop: 122 North 3rd Street, Marquette, MI.
- Book World: 136 West Washington Street, Marquette, MI.
- Michigan Fair: 114 West Washington Street, Marquette, MI.