Take one of the relaxing Swan Boats tours, on the lake of the Boston Public Garden, considered `a must`, while visiting Boston.
Show your kids a good time by taking them to the Boston Children's Museum, situated on Congress Street, featuring interesting displays and hands-on exhibits that will certainly arouse their curiosity.
Spend a fun day out with the family at Franklin Park Zoo, which can be found on Franklin Park Road.
Learn more about the American history by exploring the USS Constitution Museum, located on 1st Avenue.
This fabulous run represents, perhaps, the premier annual sporting event in Boston City. The marathon has been a tradition since 1897, and has been held, every year, on the 3rd Monday of April, since then. The Boston Marathon is one of the oldest marathons in the world and has been ranked one of the best-known road racing events, worldwide.
The course of the marathon is considered to be one of the most difficult marathon courses, due to the Newton hills that culminate in Heartbreak Hill near Boston College, which make the race quite challenging.
The official starting point is in Hopkinton, MA, the run finishing in Boston, at Copley Square, alongside the Boston Public Library. Every year, thousands of both amateur and professional runners are attracted to Boston by this fabulous event, drawn from all over the world and across the country.
Below, there is a list of the most popular and favorite annual celebrations, which happen in Boston. Check it out!
- New Year's Day - January.
- Boston Wine Festival - February.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade - March.
- Patriot's Day - April.
- Great Boston Kite Festival - May.
- Boston Early Music Festival - June.
- Boston Pops Concert and Fireworks Display - July.
- Boston Green Fest - August.
- Cambridge River Festival - September.
- Massachusetts Cranberry Harvest Festival - October.
- Pilgrim's Stroll - November.
- Christmas Lights - December.
Boston's shopping scene offers something for every taste and every budget! There are plentiful great shopping spots in the city, priced from `discounted` to `upscale`, including everything in between.
Antiques, music, books, clothing, gifts, souvenirs - whatever you're looking for and regardless of your budget, during your stay in Boston, you will find everything you need in the city, especially if you're staying in one of Boston's downtown hotels, because most of the popular malls, shops and stores are conveniently located within walking distance from most downtown hotels.
Check out the list below, which contains some of the most popular and favorite shopping spots and shopping areas in Boston, to get an idea about what the city has to offer!
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace: 4 S Market, Boston, MA.
- Copley Place Mall: 2 Copley Pl, Boston, MA.
- Downtown Crossing: 59 Temple Pl, Boston, MA.
- SoWa Open Market: 460 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA.
- The Shops at Prudential Center: 800 Boylston St, Boston, MA.
- Newbury Street: Newbury St, Boston, MA.
- Boston Main Street Districts, Boston, MA.
- North End, Boston, MA.