Spend a fun family day out at Wet & Wild Emerald Pointe amusement center, located on South Holden Road, where you can enjoy all kinds of entertaining family-friendly activities.
Check out the Natural Science Center, which can be found on Lawndale Drive, where you can see interesting displays, including an amazing rock collection.
Show the kids a good time, while staying in Greensboro, by taking them to the Greensboro Children’s Museum, on North Church Street.
Taste a bit of the local history by visiting the Greensboro Historical Museum, located on Summit Avenue.
Cannonball Run Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk, October 16, 2010
This year, the Cannonball Run Half Marathon will be celebrating its 7th edition, and will take place at the historic Greensboro Country Park. The course of the race will take participants on a scenic and picturesque route around Lake Brandt, showcasing some of the most beautiful areas in the city, giving runners the chance to also do some sightseeing, along the way.
This popular annual sporting event also contains a 5K run/walk and a kid’s marathon, in addition to the 13.1-mile half marathon, in order to give enthusiasts of all ages, abilities and skills the opportunity to participate. Since 2003, the event has benefited various local charities, more than $30 000 being raised and donated to help their mission.
Visiting Greensboro cannot definitely be described as a boring and doll experience, due to the fact that there are numerous fun and fabulous celebrations happening in the city, throughout the year, among the most popular and expected ones being:
- March: African American Heritage Extravaganza, Easter Extravaganza.
- April: Earth Day Celebration, Greensboro Youth Council Carnival, Pickin’ in the Park Bluegrass Festival.
- June: Annual National Trails Day, Music for a Sunday Evening in the Park Series (June-July-August).
Due to the fact that the city offers a wide range of shopping experiences, for all tastes and budgets, shopping in Greensboro is a delight!
To get an idea about what the city’s shopping scene has to offer, check out the list below, which contains some of the most popular and favorite shopping spots in Greensboro!
- Four Seasons Town Center: 410 4 Seasons Town Center, Greensboro, NC.
- Friendly Center: 3110 Kathleen Avenue, Greensboro, NC.
- Tanger Properties LP: 3200 Northline Avenue, Greensboro, NC.
- Pendleton: 3326 West Friendly Avenue, Greensboro, NC.
- Wendover Place: 1218 Bridford Parkway, Greensboro, NC.
- Kotis Properties, Inc.: 1500 Mill Street #105, Greensboro, NC.
- The Westover Gallery of Shops: 1420 Westover Terrace, Greensboro, NC.
- West Market Flea: 4927 West Market Street, Greensboro, NC.