See the Washington Monument & Museum, located on N Charles Street, the 1st architectural monument created in order to honor George Washington.
Check out the interesting exhibits offered at the American Visionary Art Museum, which can be found on Key Highway.
Spend quality family time at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, located at Druid Hill Park, where you can see more than 2000 animals, gathered from all over the world.
If you love to shop, then you should definitely try the Harborplace & the Gallery, on East Pratt Street, a festival market place that was opened in 1980, considered to be the centerpiece of the revival of downtown Baltimore.
Baltimore Running Festival Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K & Relay - Saturday, October 16, 2010.
This fabulous event is perhaps the premier annual sporting event in Baltimore. In 2010, the Baltimore Running Festival Marathon will be celebrating its 10th edition, and promises enthusiast a scenic and a challenging course as ever, along with a 5k run, a marathon team relay and a fun run for 12-year old kids, offered in order to give athletes of all abilities the chance to participate in the event.
The Baltimore Running Festival is considered to be one of D.C. and Baltimore area's most popular road races, drawing more than 15 000 enthusiastic runners, annually, taking them on a scenic course through the city streets, from the waterfront along Baltimore's Inner Harbor area through downtown neighborhoods toward Patterson Park, showing runners some of the city's most beautiful areas, giving them the opportunity to sightsee, as well, along the way.
Charity teams are also accepted, which run in order to benefit various causes and non profit organizations, such as The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Alzheimer's Association ALZ Stars or The American Cancer Society's DetermiNation program.
Below, there is a list with some of the most popular and favorite annual celebrations in Baltimore. Check it out!
- Taste of Little Italy - May.
- Charles Village Festival - June.
- White Mars Town Fair, Baltimore Pow Wow - July.
- Baltimore Book Festival - September.
- Annual Inner Harbor Art Festival - October.
- St. Leo's Bi-Annual Ravioli - November.
- Christmas in Baltimore, New Year's Eve in Baltimore - December.
Whether you're on a budget or not, shopping in Baltimore is a delight! Antiques, gifts, jewelry, music, books, clothing - whatever you're looking for you will certainly find it in one of Baltimore's great shopping spots.
Check out the top 10 list below, which contains some of the most popular shopping spots in Baltimore, to get a more clear idea about what the city has to offer!
- Harborplace & the Gallery: 200 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD.
- Village of Cross Keys: 5100 Falls Road, Baltimore, MD.
- Reisterstown Road Plaza: 6564 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, MD.
- Security Square Mall: 6901 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, MD.
- Mondawmin Mall: 2401 Liberty Heights Avenue, Baltimore, MD.
- Eastpoint Mall: 7839 Eastpoint Mall, Baltimore, MD.
- Shine Collective: The Foundry at Clipper Mill, 2010 Clipper Park Rd. #105, Baltimore, MD.
- Rotunda: 711 West 40th Street, Baltimore, MD.
- Seoul Plaza: 6901 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, MD.
- White Marsh Mall Inc.: 8200 Perry Hall Boulevard, Baltimore, MD.