There are dozens of fun things to do and appealing attractions to visit in Moorhead, for every taste, age and budget. Whatever your idea of a good time is, you will not get bored, while visiting Moorhead.
To get an idea, about what the city has to offer, check out the list below, which contains some of Moorhead's most popular attractions.
- Hjemkomst Center, home to the Hjemkomst Viking Ship, built by Robert Asp and his family, around 1984, and the Stave Church, a symbol of the Norwegian heritage in the Red River Valley, including to the Clay County Archives, featuring artifacts and archival documents and photographs, which tell he story of the county development from white settlement to current events.
- Art Rourke Gallery Museum, a leading cultural institution in the region, which offers visitors a vast permanent art collection, for them to admire, and special events in the areas of music, poetry, drama, and literature.
- Woodlawn Park, home to Moorhead's 18-hole Disc golf course and the Log Cabin Folk Art Center, also featuring tennis and basketball courts, playgrounds, biking and walking trails, as well as picnic tables - great for spending a fun day with the family in the outdoors, while staying in Moorhead.
- Minnesota State University Moorhead Planetarium, which simulates the night sky, showing the ski from any location on earth, now or thousands of years in the past or future. The heart of the planetarium is the Spitz System 512 planetarium projector.
- Buffalo River State Park/Blue Stem Prairie Scientific & Nature Area, which can be found 15 miles east of Moorhead, on Highway 10, featuring 300 acres of bluestem prairie woods, a swimming area, camping and river communities, a fun park, well suited for family fun and environmental education. A variety of free programs and field trips are offered to the public, area school districts and other groups.
The list of popular Moorhead annual events, includes: the Scandinavian Hjemkomst Festival, Rib Fest & More and Red River Valley Fair, all happening in June, and Pioneer Days, celebrated in August.
Among the top places to shop, in or near Moorhead, MN, there are:
>> Moorhead Center Mall: 5th Street & Center Avenue, Moorhead, MN.
>> EasTen Shopping Center: Highway 10, East Moorhead, MN.
>> Moorhead Antique Mall: 522811 SE Main Avenue, Moorhead, MN.
>> Herberger's: 400 Center Avenue, Moorhead, MN.
>> Vintage Point: 1450 25th St S, Fargo, ND.
>> First Center South: 25th Street South & 32nd Avenue South, Fargo, ND.
>> Market Square: 14th Avenue South & 25th Street, South Fargo, ND.
>> Northport Shopping Center: 25th Avenue North & Broadway, Fargo, ND.
>> Southpointe Mall: 24th Street South & 32nd Avenue South, Fargo, ND.
>> TJ Maxx Plaza: 42nd Street SW & 13th Avenue, South Fargo, ND.