Terre Haute, IN
Show your kids a good time, while staying in Terre Haute, by taking them to the Children's Museum, on Wabash Avenue, where they can learn interesting things about the world they live in, through various interactive and curiosity-arousing exhibits.
Get in touch with nature, by visiting the beautiful Terre Haute Nature Center, situated on East Poplar Drive.
If you're looking for excitement, check out the Shadow Asylum Haunted House, down on North 10th Street, where you can enjoy all kinds of fun, family-friendly activities.
Have fun at the Bogey's Family Fun Center, located on Union Road, featuring a beautiful miniature golf course, perfect for beginners.
The Thunder in the Valley - Terre Haute Triathlon, which will be celebrating its 25th edition, on May 22, in 2010, is perhaps one of the most popular and favorite annual sporting events in Terre Haute. The Thriathlon has something for everybody, including a swim race, a bike race and a run, regardless of their abilities and skills.
The lake swim will start in 4 waves, 3 minutes apart, (the swimmers being given each a colored swim cap), the bike course is almost completely paved, and the run course will be held on park trails and the Heritage Exercise Trail, offering participants a scenic, flat and fast course, through some of the most beautiful areas in the city. Swim, ride your bike, or run in the Terre Haute Triathlon - good time is guaranteed!
The Ethnic Festival and the Crossroads Arts Fest, perhaps, represent the premier, major annual celebrations in Terre Haute.
The Ethnic Festival is celebrated in June, while the Crossroads Arts Fest happens in the last weekend of April, in the downtown area, both of the events offering fun, family-friendly entertainment, including delicious food, children's activities, eye-catching showcases, exhibits and demonstrations.
If you plan on driving to Terre Haute, be sure to leave plenty of room in your trunk! The city is the leading retail center for a 70-mile radius surrounding area, offering something for everyone's pocket, from all the favorite national brands to locally-owned gift shops and antique stores, and much, much more.
Below, there is a top 10 list of the most popular shopping spots in Terre Haute. Check it out!
- 12 Points Shopping Area, Address: Intersection of Maple and Lafayette Avenues and 13th Street.
- Ellis Creek Plaza, Address: 7th Street and US 41.
- Honey Creek Mall, Address: US 41 South of I-70.
- Honey Creek South, Address: South of Honey Creek Mall.
- Honey Creek West, Address: West of Honey Creek Mall.
- Kroger Plaza, Address: Wabash Ave. and 25th St.
- Plaza North, Address: Lafayette Avenue and Fort Harrison Road.
- Riverside Plaza, Address: US Highway 41, South of I-70.
- Seventh and Springhill, Address: Seventh and Springhill Dr.
- South 25th Street, Address: S. 25th, between Wabash and Margaret Ave.