There are plenty of fun things to do and appealing attractions to visit, while staying in Columbus, among the city's most popular and favorite attractions also being:
- National Civil War Naval Museum at Port Columbus, a 40 000-square facility dedicated to the American Civil War, featuring exhibits which include two original American Civil War military vessels, uniforms, equipment and weapons used by the Union and Confederate navies, being the only museum in the nation that tells the story of the two navies during the Civil War.
- Muscogee County Flatrock Park, a fabulous place for sliding down wet rocks, swimming in creeks, camping and doing all the other outdoor recreational activities there are.
- Columbus Black History Museum, which offers a wide range of learning experiences, featuring authentic historical items, displays, documents, photos, as well as lectures and tours.
There's always something fun going on in Columbus!
With the wide range of exciting and entertaining celebrations, held throughout the year in Columbus, no matter what month you choose as the date for your trip, good times are guaranteed.
The annual events in Columbus which fall into the ''most popular and most expected'' category, include:
>> Martin Luther King Birthday Celebration, which happens in January,
>> Black History Month, taking place in February,
>> The Columbus Invitational Music Festival, celebrated in April,
>> Georgia Independence Day Festival, happening in July,
>> and Christmas Made in the South, which takes place in November, among other.
Among the top places to shop in Columbus, GA, there are:
- Peachtree Mall: 3131 Manchester Expressway, Columbus, GA.
- Cross Country Plaza Shopping: 3201 Macon Road, Columbus, GA.
- TJ Maxx: 4231 Macon Road, Columbus, GA.
- Lady Foot Locker: 3507 Manchester Expressway, Columbus, GA.
- Chancellor's Mens Store: 1108 Broadway Avenue, Columbus, GA.
- Kiddie Shoppe: 1640 Rollins Way, Columbus, GA.
- Sears: 1726 Boxwood Place, Columbus, GA.