New York, NY
Manhattan is only a small piece of the giant that is New York City, one of the most favorite destinations, worldwide, home to some of the most recognizable and cherished landmarks and attractions in the world, offering visitors one of the most vast list of popular and favorite tourists attractions in USA.
Among the most popular `must see` attractions in New York City, there are:
Top of the Rock Rockefeller Plaza, from where visitors can catch amazing, panoramic views of New York City, especially at night, when the city resembles a giant Christmas tree, due to the numerous and colorful lights sprinkled throughout the entire city area.
Metropolitan Museum of Art, located on 5th Avenue, an amazingly beautiful art museum that features a permanent collection containing more than two million works of art, divided into nineteen curatorial departments.
The gorgeous St Patrick’s Cathedral, on Madison Avenue, a decorated Neo-Gothic-style Catholic cathedral church, the seat of the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York and the largest Roman Catholic cathedral in USA, considered being one of the city’s architectural jewels.
Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, on West 42nd Street, a more unusual attraction of the city, offering visitors the ultimate insight into the world of the odd and bizarre, featuring hundreds of weird, unusual and curios artifacts.
One of New York City’s most favorite and expected annual events is the Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival, which happens in August. This entertaining and colorful annual celebration is one of the country’s largest festivals of its kind. More than 120 dragon boat teams compete on Meadow Lake, offering visitors an unforgettable water show, the event’s entertainment also consisting of a wide array of international music, martial arts, crafts, dance performance, delicious cuisine and much, much more.
Manhattan is New York City’s largest major shopping area. Antiques, clothing, unique accessories, brand shoes…whatever you’re looking for, it’s more than impossible to say that you will not find it. Manhattan’s shopping scene offers everything from `discounted` to `upscale`, providing something for everyone’s taste, preferences and pocket, satisfying the needs of even the most `professional` shopper.
Among the top places to shop, in Manhattan and New York City, there are:
- Manhattan Mall: 100 West 33rd Street, New York, NY.
- Macy’s-herald Square: 151 West 34th Street, New York, NY.
- Lord & Taylor: 424 5th Avenue, New York, NY.
- Bloomingdale’s: 59th Street & Lexington Avenue, 1000 Third Avenue, New York, NY.
- Time Warner Shops & Restaurant: 10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY.
- Manolo Blahnik: 31 West 54th Street, New York, NY.
- Niketown: 6 East 57th Street, New York, NY.
- Filene’s Basement: 2222 Broadway, New York, NY.
- Grand Central Terminal: 15 Vanderbilt Avenue, New York, NY.
- Jimmy Choo Shoes: 645 5th Avenue, New York, NY.
- Time Warner Inc: 10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY.
- Steve Madden: 540 Broadway, New York, NY.
- Quiksilver - Times Square: 3 Times Square, New York, NY.