Even though, Conway is a relatively small city, there are plenty of interesting things to see and fun stuff to do, within and around its limits, among the most popular ones being considered:
>> Horry County Museum, which has the mission to collect and preserve material related to the prehistory, natural history, history and culture of Horry County, featuring various exhibits that reveal the local history - a family-friendly, fun way to find out more about Conway.
The museum is currently located on the corner of 5th Avenue and Main Street in the old Conway Post Office building, built in 1935, and is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
>> Family Kingdom Amusement Park, a warm, friendly amusement park by the sea, featuring more than 30 rides including a thrilling wooden roller coaster and South Carolina's largest ferris wheel with one-of-a-kind views of the ocean.
The park offers fun and exciting rides for the young and young at heart.
>> Ripley's Aquarium of Myrtle Beach, home to thousands of marine animals - a memprable experience, considered a must, while visiting Conway.
Among the aquarium's top exhibits, there are: Rio Amazon, filled with Piranhas, stingrays, armored catfish and lots of other exotic freshwater species, Dangerous Reef, considered being the largest and most popular attraction at the aquarium, showcasing snappers, tarpons, grunts, squirrelfish, a green sea turtle, giant stingrays, sawfish and large sharks, the Living Gallery, featuring a collection of delicate undersea life such as Pacific Giant Octopus, sea anemones, living corals, jellies and weedy sea dragons, and the Rainbow Rock, which exhibits thousands of intricately colored fishes from the tropical islands of the Pacific Ocean.
Perhaps, the most popular and favorite of all Conway's annual events is the Summer Festival - a free celebration which offers entertainment for all ages and tastes, including artisans, farmers, fireworks, kayak races, a boat parade, a fun kid's zone, and much, much more.
If your trip to Conway is set in June, be sure to mark this fabulous event, on your ''to do and see'' list, 'cause the Summer Festival is considered ''a must'' for any Conway visitor.
Among the top places to shop in and near Conway, SC there are:
- Black Water Market: 1019 4th Avenue, Conway, SC.
- Citi Trends: 1612 Church Street, Conway, SC.
- Coastal Center: 1610 Church Street, Conway, SC.
- Mini Mall Flea Market: 2300 Church Street, Conway, SC.
- Tanger Outlet Center: 4635 Factory Stores Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Nine West Outlet: Tanger Outlet Center, 4628 Factory Stores Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Conway Shopping Center: Conway, SC.
- The Market Common, Myrtle Beach: Howard Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Forgotten Times Antiques: 321 Laurel Street, Conway, SC.
- Dillard's: 100 Coastal Grand Circle, Myrtle Beach, SC.